Review of Finding the Magic in You

Title: Finding the Magic in You

Author: Shivam





Blurb:

Isn't magic a wonderful thing? And how beautiful is to appreciate people doing magical things with their life? Do you want to be one of those people? Well, the good news is that you too have magic inside you and the amazing news is that you have the power to unleash it. You are a few pages away from finding the magic in you.



My Views:

Self-help motivational from a young debut! How would your expectations for a book like this? Mine was not high. But, I felt fine when I gave it a start. At least, there's something that kept me on during the journey. What are the fundamentals I'm talking about here you are soon going to discover.


Shivam talks about childhood days; the best days of our life when each one of us is full of life and high-spirited. That's the first node where he connected with me. And then he talks on the subject of happiness. He very beautifully explained that how happiness can be sought in different ways. What the people of this generation do this is that they always compare their life with others, and at the end, end up being floating in the pool of sorrow and depress themselves. But, this one such thing which can't be compared and shouldn't be.


Shivam in his debut suggests sutras to be happy. The sutras that we already know, but the way he delivers the content and puts a question mark at regular and required interval made me question myself what's the significance of the knowledge I'm having if I'm not adopting it in my life. The same way several challenges are thrown towards readers to bring the best out of them and constantly work on the weak nerves.


He very well knows that all these motivational talks go easy with words, but hard on work. Therefore, he presents his thoughts in the manner that the reader could actually relate with his words and gain faith in his words. And once the reader attains faith in dictator's words, dictator's words start to impact the life.


Usually, I get bored with such books and I skip some pages when I found the monotonous content participating in the book. Here, contents are sectioned into smalls and each of them brings something different and impactful from the others.



Rating:

Reviewer: Shweta Kesari

Comments