Review of Twenty Three

Title: Twenty Three

Author: Bikramjit Sen




Blurb:


Everyone has a story to tell or a story that deserves to be told. Since no person is the same, everyone’s life is a unique tale. 

This uniqueness of different lives is honoured by Twenty Three: Collection of Short Stories that narrates the lives of various people. 

Twenty Three tells all kinds of stories, ranging from stories of ordinary people to those of paranormal entities. So, step into different dimensions as you flip through the various stories of Twenty Three.



My Views:


I was pretty confused after reading the very first story of the book. It was neither the usual one nor the exceptional one that has won my heart. It led me to a pool of delusion where I was not sure if the journey ahead would be worth my time or not. I was more afraid of the presentation of the story than the stories itself.


At some places, I found some sentences elongated which fades the beauty of reading the words. Articulations can be improved, and words can be heard like a life and not just mere words. Stories need more emphasis and clarity. I'm glad that he chose not to write on regular subjects. Each of the stories is different from other but not as impactful as they are supposed to.



Stories start on a good note, but as they get closer towards the end, they start to fade. End of the stories needed to be exciting and jaw-dropping, but here it felt like the story just didn't end properly. All the excitement that the story manages to create in the beginning completely vanishes after reading the end. One gone, two gone, three gone and then I was quite sure that this is what gonna happen in all the other stories. The way how a story ends makes it unique and let it stand out from all, but here end serves a blatant taste.




Every story is different from others, but the end is boring and dull. One good story is better than a thousand pointless stories. I was looking for one such story that could make my time worth reading this book. That one story that could win my heart and forget all others I have read. But, all the served ones are different platters and are made of different ingredients, but all of them lacks one thing, the spice, the 'salt'.

Rating: 2.9/5

Reviewer: Shweta Kesari

Comments