Review of Stepping Stones

Title: Stepping Stones

Author: Lubhna Dongre




Blurb:

As the sun consistently rises and sets, you too must approach your goals with the same commitment and steadiness, every day, like nature, and contribute to the world by passionately living your purpose. Some days you may toil and sweat; other days you may carry a lighter load, finally basking peacefully in the fulfilment of your dreams. You make a contribution to life. You find yourself living in harmony with seasons, knowing your mission is right. The cycle of life continues, and you move into the cycle.
Are we setting goals and if yes are they right; what is the future of them? Explore the many questions with this teenage girl through the pages with her thoughts and the guidance from leaders which are best suited to guide the youth. Lubhna takes you through a journey starting with knowing yourself to the ultimate goal of life. Look through the perspective of what a teen thinks about purpose, programming, pleasure, peace and so on...
Dive into the world of contribution.
"Letters and emails from eminent personalities, guiding you towards significance of goals in life."

My Views: 

In this book, Lubhna talks about 10 P's as stepping stones to reach towards your goal. It was not the first time I was reading a book written by a teenager. More than excitement, I was gripped with fear, the fear to not to disappoint by the book. These days writing a book is not a tough task, and one can easily get their book published. What comes as a tough task is writing a good book, and to reach a million hearts. I have read fictions from teenages, but this was my first hand at a non-fiction work, that too designed to motivate and inspire people.



Before starting what actually the book serves, I was greeted by praises for the book, which is fairly too much to be read out. But, when I check out the names who has praised her work, I thought I could sneak into a few one. While reading the book, who has knitted the pearls of wisdom is out of the question. For a moment, I really had this feeling  - does a 14 year girl really written this book? Is she this mature and positive to hold so much within herself and distributing selflessly to all other individuals.



I'm not here to talk about her writing style and all. What she possesses within herself is worth talking about. But ofcourse, she expresses her thoughts very-well and delivers her mesaages with great enthusiasm. I could feel positive vibes rushing my veins while reading this book. Her words are strong enough to push all the lazy bones residing in your body. I really look forward to see such works from the writers. If a little teenage could write like this, then we all could do wonders with our potential.



I've seen author quoting examples from other lives. But, what make this unique is: this book is itself one example that teaches us that nothing goes beyond your limit. If you aspire, and have the courage to work towards it, it is all yours. I had a plan to read a chapter a day, completing this book in 10 days, but this young girl made me awake all night to walk across her journey, a beautiful and inspiring one!



The only thing I think might concern reader is price of the book. If could have been less, it could reach more people, specially to more teenagers for whom this book is crafted for. I know its not that big amount, but this may become one of the reason for the reader to swip away as this is Lubhna's first work and she is yet to reach good number of audience. If tIf the parise could've cut-shorten or maybe the letters she has received from the known personality coudl be limited to some, then the price could have been less. Anyways, what matters the most is the content of the book, and I got more than what I had expected from it.



Some of the elegant lines I would like to quote from the book - 'Children act but lack thoughts, elders have thoughts but lack actions.'


Rating:

Reviewer : Shweta Kesari

Comments