Review of The Deceptions

Title: The Deceptions

Author: Saloni Hazela





Blurb:

Rachel is just an ordinary girl, struggling to make her ends meet. When she is offered a job that will fulfill her dreams, she grabs it with both hands. But soon she realizes all is not the way it seems, and everything, even fame and fortune, have their drawbacks. The people she works for are hiding something- something that will turn her whole world upside down. When her dream job starts turning into a nightmare, she decides to uncover the truth once and for all. Alone and losing grasp of reality, Rachel must untangle the web of lies and find out the dark secret before she becomes a victim to the deception around her.


My Views:



The thing that attracted me towards this book is its cover design. It is very simple but has some international touch to it. The next thing that enticed me was the representation of the book- typesetting, spacing, and alignment. Now, all of this goes to the publisher. What comes next, matters the most.



Talking about the storyline, it has something to hear out. Not so common story covered in every second book. As this is a novella, things went pretty fast. At first, I felt like I wouldn't be able to be in the shoes of the protagonist. But pretty soon enough, I did start to relate to the characters in the story. The story speaks of selfish desires which reside in many of us.




The language is simple and the articulation also worked well. But, the protagonist's character didn't go that well. The protagonist self-praises herself in the very beginning, which bore the seed of expectations in my mind. But, I felt disappointed when I couldn't see it that promising.
The story is full of twists and unexpected turns. What hooked me more to the story was how it unfolded before me, leaving me with an 'O' of astonishment. I'm more into novels, having in-depth details to every little facet to get completely lost in the story. To me, this one needed more depth to get a complete hold of my senses. But it did work pretty well, all credit to the storyline



Coming this from a 15-year-old girl deserves a praise. Obviously, there are things needed to work on in her future works, but what she wrote at such a young age, even matured writers of these days fail to. This book at least doesn't serve the usual stuff every other book serves.



Rating: 3.4/5


Reviewer: Shweta Kesari


Comments