Review of Come, Let Us Sin

Title : Come, Let Us Sin

Author: P JJ Antony




Blurb: 

Acute political sensibility, dense but moving narrative elegance and a penchant for weaving together contemporary ethical anxieties and deep understanding of history make these stories refreshingly unique.


My Views:

Not a big fan of short stories, as my reading experience was not good in the past with all of them. Usually, in books like these, only some stories are good, and rest of them are just there to cover the pages and make it a book. With a doubt that the previous experiences bore in my mind, I somehow picked this book and this is how is ended for me.

Detailing my experiences on some of them I liked.

Wagah Point:
A nice story of friendship stating that friendship has no border, no religion and no means. It is what is is destined to be. I enjoyed the narration.

Lahore 1928:
With the limit of very few words, author has taken the readers to a new world without compromising with the quality and rigidity of the story.
 History bore the best of stories. Author has his own way of portraying it. And I liked what I read.

Corpse Man and his Home Nurse:
Beginning of the story promises of a sound plot.The story is different and I liked the journey. It is uncommonly common story and very beautifully compliments the title.

 Who indeed was Bhairavan Asan?
All the stories in the book are unique and different, and you can no way predict how it is going to be till you reach the very end of the story.

Mausoleum of the ancestors
 Nature's mystery and it's working is very simply and nicely laid out by the author. It is a simple story that conveys a potential message.


 Come, Let us Sin
This story led me to the pool of confusion. I read and re-read the last pages of the story and I didn't get what it actually wants to convey. And why it has ended that way.


Rating: 4.5/5

Reviewer: Shweta Kesari

Comments