Review of For a girl in a star

Title: For a girl in a star

Author: Ratna Chandu




Blurb:

What do you do when your best friend, the one person who has stood by you through thick and thin, knows you better than you know yourself and literally saved your life falls in love with the same girl as you? Avinash and Sahas, two village boys arrive in Bangalore in search of art and in pursuit of ambition. Sahas, hardworking and nervous, antonym to his friend, has emerged from a troubled past only to find that his future doesn’t come without encumbrances. Their friendship is the one constant in the two boys’ lives, but that is tested when they each meet Aarti, a mysterious, compassionate, beautiful girl who captures both their imaginations and sets their hearts aflame. Will their passion for the same girl and an untimely tragedy, sunder the two friends forever? A compelling tale with twists and turns reminiscent of India’s melodramatic films, For a Girl in a Star deals with the age old staples of young love, heartbreak and what it means to be a true friend.

My Views:


This story is not just about a girl in a star but it has much more in store for its readers. This books doesn't just revolves around a romantic ride, but it has flavors of life to serve to the readers. When I thought the book would end, it continued and served what I didn't expect. Not every phase of the story could be easily predictable by the reader, especially the end. And that became the driving force for me to reach to the end as soon as I can before dropping it in between.


This book served me much more than what I had expected from it. All I was expecting in the beginning was a decent romantic story with some twist, but this one has whole lot of twists to pay for your time given to this book.
Authoress manages to balance every facet of the story pretty well. To top that, a decent writing style is there to narrate the beautiful crafted story. I felt a peace when I found that Ratna doesn't talk about unwanted stuffs in her book. Her pen stick to the story and the way she conveyed it made me realize how focused she had been while o penning this book. If nothing more, then I expect to read such books, nothing less than this.

Unlike any other romantic fiction taking birth nowadays, this one surely has something to treat my day.

Rating: 3.8/5

Reviewer: Shweta Kesari

Comments